- 2004: Agrégation in Physics (competitive examination for the recruitment, among others, of University Lecturers in France).
- 1999-2001: Preparatory classes (a two-year intensive course in advanced mathematics and physics to prepare the admission to French Grandes Ecoles), Lycée Descartes (Tours).
Exoplanets, formation and evolution of planetary systems (planetary migration, star-planet tidal interactions), physics of protoplanetary discs, astrophysical fluid dynamics.
Grants and awards
- Bonus award "Prime d’Encadrement Doctoral et de Recherche" from CNRS (since 2016).
- IDEX Grant "Nouveaux Entrants" from the University of Toulouse (2015-2016).
- Bursary from the Council of the Cambridge Philosophical Society (Dynamics of Discs and Planets Workshop, Cambridge, 2009).
- Student Stipend Award of the American Astronomical Society (Division on Dynamical Astronomy conference, Boulder, 2008).
- Student fellowship at Ecole Normale Supérieure de Cachan (2001-2005).
Synergistic activities and responsibilities
- Member of the SPIRou science team: co-responsible for the Work Package "Common Studies of Planetary Systems".
- Organizational committee member of the 2015 French Society of Astronomy & Astrophysics.
- Reviewer for Nature, MNRAS, ApJ, A&A, CeDMA, Space Science Reviews and for several funding agencies.
- Group seminar organizer for the Astrophysical Fluid Dynamics group at DAMTP (2011-2013) and at IRAP (since 2017).
- Co-developer of the hydrodynamic code FARGO.
- Contributions to PhD theses: J. Champion (2016-, University of Toulouse, supervisor: O. Berné), G. Mirouh (2013-2016, University of Toulouse, supervisors: M. Rieutord and J. Ballot), M. Guenel (2013-2016, CEA Saclay, supervisor: S. Mathis), S. Lines (2012-2016, University of Bristol, supervisor: Z. Leinhardt).
- Internships: N. Nesme (2017, 5th-year at University of Toulouse, co-supervision with L. Jouve), M. Barraza (2016, graduate student at Universidad de Chile), F. Thuillet (2016, Supaero/5th-year at University of Toulouse), G. Cazalet (2016, 5th-year at University of Toulouse, co-supervision with L. Jouve), G. Medjdoub (2015, 4th-year at University of Toulouse), M. Pech (2014, 1st-year at Supaero), G. Robbins (2013, 2nd-year at ENSTA-ParisTech, co-supervision with J. Papaloizou), F. Meru (2010, research project at the ISIMA Summer School), J. Fung (2010, research project at the ISIMA Summer School), M. Gong (2010, Tsinghua University, co-supervision with D. Lin).
- 2016-: Master’s course Formation and Evolution of Planetary Sciences, University of Toulouse (10h/year)
- 2014-: Master’s seminars, Astrophysics Master, University of Toulouse (2h/year).
- 2012-2013: Supervisions, University of Cambridge, Part II Astrophysics course Astrophysical Fluid Dynamics (20h).
- 2006-2008: Teaching assistant, Université Paris VI (136h). First-year undergraduate course Mechanics and Hydrodynamics: conducted supervisions in small groups (3 students) and large groups (30 students), supervised practicals and lectured one course.
- 2004-2006: Teaching assistant, Lycée Decour (Paris, 100h). Oral examinations in physics and chemistry to second-year students in preparatory classes for French Grandes Ecoles.
- Cold dust emission from large-scale vortices induced by gap-opening planets: University of Bern (2017), IRAP/Toulouse (2017).
- Dust concentration in lopsided transition discs: Universidad de Chile/Santiago (2016), Leiden Observatory (2016), IRAP/Toulouse (2016), IPAG/Grenoble (2016, French workshop on disc asymmetries), CRAL/Lyon (2015).
- Planet-disc interactions and the early evolution of planetary systems: IRAP/Toulouse (2014), ETH Zürich (2014), Pontificia Universidad Católica/Santiago (2014).
- How important is planet migration in shaping the diversity of exo-planetary systems?: LESIA/Observatoire de Meudon (2013), Bern University (2013).
- Disc-planets interactions and the diversity of period ratios in Kepler’s multiple planet systems: Institute of Astronomy/Cambridge (2013), DAMTP/Cambridge (2013), IRAP/Toulouse (2013).
- Formation and Evolution of Planetary Systems: UTINAM/Besançon (2013), DAMTP/Cambridge (2012).
- Inertial waves in differentially rotating stars and planets: DAMTP/Cambridge (2011).
- Rapid inward migration of planets formed by gravitational instability: Queen Mary University of London (2011), Bristol University (2011), Tübingen (2011).
- Planetary migration: basics, recent results, and new challenges: TiTech/Tokyo (2011), Nagoya University (2011), UC Santa Cruz (2010).
- Migrating binary stars near the Galactic Center: DAMTP/Cambridge (2011), IRAP/Toulouse (2010).
- Planets and stars migrating adventures: IRAP/Toulouse (2009), CEA Saclay (2009), UC Santa Cruz (2009).
- Planetary migration in protoplanetary discs: LAB/Bordeaux (2008), OCA/Nice (2008), IAP/Paris (2008), MPIA/Heidelberg (2008).
Talks at international Conferences and Workshops
- Magnetic Topologies of Young Stars & the Survival of close-in massive Exoplanets workshop, Toulouse (2015, invited talk).
- Protoplanetary Disk Dynamics and Planet Formation workshop, Yokohama (2015, invited talk).
- Exoplanets in Lund 2015 (invited talk).
- Millenium ALMA Disk advanced school and workshop, Santiago (2014, invited lecture).
- PLATO Meeting Theory, London (2014).
- ISSI-Beijing workshop: The Disk in Relation to The Formation of Planets And Their Protoatmospheres, Beijing (2014, invited review).
- CoRoT / KASC joint meeting, Toulouse (2014).
- European Planetary Science Congress, Madrid (2012).
- Planet Formation and Evolution, Munich (2012).
- Workshop on rotational dynamics for planetary and stellar applications, Marseille (2012).
- Geophysical and Astrophysical Fluid Flow: Baroclinic Instability and Protoplanetary Accretion Disks, Ringberg castle (2011).
- Star Formation Workshop, NAOJ/Tokyo (2011).
- Planetary Population Synthesis Workshop, Ringberg castle (2010).
- International Summer Institute for Modeling in Astrophysics (ISIMA summer school), UC Santa Cruz (2010).
- Dynamics of Astrophysical Disks, Beijing (2010).
- Workshop on Dynamics of Discs and Planets, Cambridge (2009).
- Planet Formation and Evolution: The Solar System and Extrasolar Planets, Tübingen (2009).
- Solar-Extrasolar Meeting, Nasa Ames (2009).
- Workshop on accretion disks, Beijing (2008).
- Division on Dynamical Astronomy, Boulder (2008).
- IAU Symposium 249 - Exoplanets: Detection, Formation and Dynamics, Suzhou (2007).